As a Security Officer, you will:
• Ensure the safety, security, and neatness of the hospital buildings and grounds, its patients, employees, and guests
• Assist with code drills and reporting results to Facilities Director
• Monitor utility and server rooms
• Assist with Crisis Intervention calls under the direct of the Registered Nurse or Administrator on Call
• Monitor security cameras and make exterior and interior safety/security rounds
• Check patients and visitors for contraband
• Support staff with admissions
• Assist with confidentiality paperwork as needed
• Distribute temporary badges/visitor tags
• Various other duties as assigned
• High School diploma
• Knowledge of typical safety and security procedures
• Knowledge of Joint Commission Environment of Case standards and quality of care preferred
• Ability to use sound judgement and decision-making skills in crisis situations
• Ability to implement emergency response procedures and maintain self-control in volatile or hostile situations, such as when verbally or physically confronted in a threatening or aggressive manner
• Ability to work alone with minimal supervision
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook
• Trustworthy and able to perform repetitive work while maintaining concentration
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
Please no phone calls
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment.
PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.