Advanced Practice Nurse, Praestan Health
Praestan Health is the new name for PrairieCare Institute’s Integrated Health & Wellness Clinic, a business that has been developing and rapidly expanding over the past 18 months. Praesten, pronounced prästen, means “superior,” a recognition of our roots here in Minnesota, and a reflection of the quality and focus we bring to our work.
Our elite team of therapists, psychiatrists, and technology & operational specialists integrates with primary and specialty care clinics to lead clinic cultures and individual patients through a process of sustainable, effective change.
We are transforming care-as-usual into precision-based care, integrating mental & physical healthcare, and implementing a whole-person approach rather than a narrowly focused, pathology-based approach to treatment.
The work we do is transformational, but it isn’t easy. We’ve built a team of uniquely talented, engaged and entrepreneurial clinicians who are making a measurable impact on those they touch; improving outcomes, promoting integrated mind/body health, and driving down costs. If you value meaningful work, love working with exceptional people, and want to make a difference, come join us.
As an APRN/DNP, you will:
- Work inside primary and specialty care clinics, serving as a Praesten ambassador in those environments
- Develop trusted relationships with providers while promoting a whole-person approach to patient care
- Provide comprehensive, direct services to adult, adolescent, and child psychiatric and chemical dependency patients.
- Provide assessments including physical and psychiatric functioning and pharmacological interventions in the outpatient setting, diagnostic interviews and individual, family, and group therapy services to patients and their families
- Regularly engage and collaborate with physicians on case review and treatment plans.
- Maintain the ability to provide 32 billable patient encounters per week over 4.5 days if full-time (pro-rated for part-time) with half a day dedicated to training and development
- Maintain the ability to work one evening per week when needed/required
- Master’s degree in Nursing with a current MN license as an APRN with prescription authority
- A MN PA license will also be considered
- Previous experience in an advanced psychiatric nurse role with a demonstrated ability to treat all age populations consistent with license
- Interest and ability to work within our clinical model and therapeutic approach
- Ability and interest in working independently within a partner primary or specialty clinic setting
- Ability to clearly summarize pertinent clinical information via written correspondence and medical record documentation
- Strong skills in case management, time management and both written and verbal communication
- Ability to comply with HIPAA regulations
- Ability to maintain require malpractice insurance
- Oriented and educated in gender, culture and age-appropriate care
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
Please no phone calls
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment.
PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.