Registered Nurse, Inpatient (part time 0.2/PRN to 0.6)
As an Inpatient Registered Nurse, you will:
• Assess, plan, implement, evaluate, and supervise the nursing care of patients within assigned area
• Assess and monitor patients daily functioning and assist in symptom management
• Plan/facilitate daily nursing groups with patients
• Complete standard nursing assessments upon patient admission and necessary discharge planning as required in hospital programs
• Track and communicate pertinent medical information both verbally and through written documentation
• Supervise the Psych Techs in day to day operations
• Function independently and as the Charge Nurse
**This could be PRN (0.2 = 4 shifts per month) to a 0.6 = 24 hour per week position. Candidates are flexible to work days/evenings and every/other weekend and holiday****
• Current RN license with the MN State Board of Nurse Examiners
• Knowledge of nursing practices
• Knowledgeable of and able to follow the Nurse Practice Act
• Oriented and educated in gender, culture, and age appropriate mental health care
• Critical thinking skills and ability to problem solve and make safe judgment calls in stressful situations
• Ability to multitask and communicate professionally both verbally and in written form
• Basic computer skills using Microsoft Outlook and Word
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
Please no phone calls
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment.
PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.