Psychiatrist, Praestan Health
Praestan Health is the new name for PrairieCare Institute’s Integrated Health & Wellness Clinic, a business that has been developing and rapidly expanding over the past 18 months. Praesten, pronounced prästen, means “superior,” a recognition of our roots here in Minnesota, and a reflection of the quality and focus we bring to our work.
Our elite team of therapists, psychiatrists, and technology & operational specialists integrates with primary and specialty care clinics to lead clinic cultures and individual patients through a process of sustainable, effective change.
We are transforming care-as-usual into precision-based care, integrating mental & physical healthcare, and implementing a whole-person approach rather than a narrowly focused, pathology-based approach to treatment.
The work we do is transformational, but it isn’t easy. We’ve built a team of uniquely talented, engaged and entrepreneurial clinicians who are making a measurable impact on those they touch; improving outcomes, promoting integrated mind/body health, and driving down costs. If you value meaningful work, love working with exceptional people, and want to make a difference, come join us.
As a Psychiatrist, you will:
• Diagnose and provide treatment for people with psychiatric disorders, substance abuse disorders and medical problems
• Serve as a leader of the interdisciplinary team supporting Praesten's treatment programs and philosophy
• Assure the delivery of quality treatment to adults, adolescents and children and their families consistent with Medical Staff privileges granted
• Licensed by the State of Minnesota to practice medicine
• Successful completed of an accredited Postgraduate Training residency
• Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry
• Ability to maintain required medical staff privileges and malpractice insurance
• Knowledgeable about adult, adolescent and child psychiatric disorders and advanced principles of abnormal psychology
• Ability to provide services delivered in the hospital, partial hospital, intensive outpatient or residential programming
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
Please no phone calls
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment.
PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.