Psychologist, Praestan Health
Praestan Health is the new name for PrairieCare Institute’s Integrated Health & Wellness Clinic, a business that has been developing and rapidly expanding over the past 18 months. Praesten, pronounced prästen, means “superior,” a recognition of our roots here in Minnesota, and a reflection of the quality and focus we bring to our work.
Our elite team of therapists, psychiatrists, and technology & operational specialists integrates with primary and specialty care clinics to lead clinic cultures and individual patients through a process of sustainable, effective change.
We are transforming care-as-usual into precision-based care, integrating mental & physical healthcare, and implementing a whole-person approach rather than a narrowly focused, pathology-based approach to treatment.
The work we do is transformational, but it isn’t easy. We’ve built a team of uniquely talented, engaged and entrepreneurial clinicians who are making a measurable impact on those they touch; improving outcomes, promoting integrated mind/body health, and driving down costs. If you value meaningful work, love working with exceptional people, and want to make a difference, come join us.
As a Psychologist, you will:
• Provide quality psychotherapeutic services to adult, adolescent and child psychiatric and chemical dependency patients (ages 3 and up) and their families
• Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team supporting the organizations treatment program and philosophy
• Administer psychological tests and related report writing
• Provide individual, family and group therapy for assigned patients
• Provide coverage of partial hospital or hospital-based services as needed
• Potentially supervise Psychologist trainees (based on qualifications)
• Doctorate degree in Psychology
• Current license as a Psychologist in the State of Minnesota
• Ability to obtain required malpractice insurance
• Skilled in administering psychological tests
• Ability to clearly summarize pertinent clinical information via written correspondence and medical record documentation
• Knowledge of acute adult, adolescent and/or child psychological disorders
• Familiar with follow-up resource services available to patients
• Oriented and educated in gender, culture and age appropriate care
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
Please no phone calls
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment.
PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.