Paragon, a subsidiary of PrairieCare, LLC, is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Human Services and provides intensive residential treatment for youth requiring psychiatric monitoring and daily living skills support. The program is managed by board certified child & adolescent psychiatrists and treatment is provided by a team of professionals who have specialized training and experience in providing mental health services to youth. The entire staff is trained in a DBT-informed care model and works collaboratively to provide a positive support system.
As a Security Officer, you will:
- Ensure the safety, security, and neatness of the hospital buildings and grounds, its residents, employees, and guests
- May assist with code drills and reporting results to Facilities Director
- Monitor utility and server rooms
- Assist with Crisis Intervention calls under the direct of the Registered Nurse or Administrator on Call
- Monitor security cameras and make exterior and interior safety/security rounds
- Check residents and visitors for contraband
- Support staff with admissions
- Assist with confidentiality paperwork as needed
- Distribute temporary badges/visitor tags
- Various other duties as assigned
- High school diploma.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
- Must be 21.
- Knowledge of typical safety and security procedures
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Environment of Case standards and quality of care preferred
- Ability to use sound judgment and decision-making skills in crisis situations
- Ability to implement emergency response procedures and maintain self-control in volatile or hostile situations, such as when verbally or physically confronted in a threatening or aggressive manner
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook
- Trustworthy and able to perform repetitive work while maintaining concentration
Please no phone calls
Paragon does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment.
Paragon is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from Paragon are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.