Coach Therapist, Praestan Health
Praestan Health is the new name for PrairieCare Institute’s Integrated Health & Wellness Clinic, a business that has been developing and rapidly expanding over the past 18 months. Praesten, pronounced prästen, means “superior,” a recognition of our roots here in Minnesota, and a reflection of the quality and focus we bring to our work.
Our elite team of therapists, psychiatrists, and technology & operational specialists integrates with primary and specialty care clinics to lead clinic cultures and individual patients through a process of sustainable, effective change.
We are transforming care-as-usual into precision-based care, integrating mental & physical healthcare, and implementing a whole-person approach rather than a narrowly focused, pathology-based approach to treatment.
The work we do is transformational, but it isn’t easy. We’ve built a team of uniquely talented, engaged and entrepreneurial clinicians who are making a measurable impact on those they touch; improving outcomes, promoting integrated mind/body health, and driving down costs. If you value meaningful work, love working with exceptional people, and want to make a difference, come join us.
At Praesten, we refer to our therapists as “Coach Therapists” to draw attention to their critical role in helping individuals undergo effective and sustainable change to improve their overall health and wellness, whether they are struggling with a behavioral health condition, chronic medical condition or both. Our Coach Therapists leverage our proprietary technology and analytics platform, along with our innovative assessment and clinical tools, to partner with patients in creating targeted behavioral and physical health objectives. Coach Therapists and patients then work together over a brief period of time (an “episode of care”) to achieve these objectives.
As a Coach Therapist, you will:
- Work with adult and pediatric populations with mental illness, chemical dependency and co-morbid mental and physical conditions
- Provide clinical diagnostic assessments, referral triage, primary and/or specialty care provider consultation and treatment monitoring
- Provide targeted psychotherapy and wellness coaching in line with targeted biopsychosocial treatment plans
- Work inside primary and specialty care clinics, serving as a Praesten ambassador developing trusted relationships with providers and promoting a whole-person approach to patient care
- Participate in up to two weeks of offline training and development time throughout the year (provided by Praesten)
- Current license in the State of Minnesota as a Licensed Independent clinical Social Worker (LICSW) or a Doctoral-level Psychologist
- Additional LADC license preferred for some positions
- Five years of clinical experience
- Ability to provide 32 billable patient encounters per week over 4.5 days, with half a day dedicated to training and development
- Experience working within a primary care or integrated healthcare setting, or health coaching experience in primary care clinics preferred
- Ability to work one evening a week when required
- Ability to document in an EMR, ideally during patient encounters
- Interest and ability to work with our clinical model and therapeutic approach
- Interest and ability to work independently within a partner primary or specialty care setting
- Ability to maintain require malpractice insurance
- Oriented and educated in gender, culture and age appropriate care
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook
All Praesten Health team members commit to:
- Excellence: Delivering superior quality in all out work and interactions
- Adaptability: Adapting ourselves and our work in support of innovation and change
- Growth: Leading effective and sustainable growth in ourselves, our partners and the patients we serve
- Relationships: Valuing one another, our partners and our patients, and approaching each other with compassion and respect
- Well-Being: Supporting health and well-being in our lives and in our work
- Experience: Creating consistent, positive experiences in our communication, engagement and environments
PrairieCare is a physician-owned and operated psychiatric healthcare system experiencing rapid growth in the Twin Cities. With multiple sites across the Twin Cities, PrairieCare has quickly grown to become one of the State’s largest providers of mental health services to children, adolescents and their families.
Please no phone calls
PrairieCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or age in admissions, treatment or participation in its programs, services and activities or employment.
PrairieCare is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Veterans, Disabled and other protected individuals and is committed to a diverse workforce. Offers of employment from PrairieCare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.