Warehouse Associate- Wire Cutting
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
- Receives incoming freight and checks materials for damages or shortages.
- Distributes material to proper stock locations and fills orders as material is received.
- May assist in other areas providing customer service functions including order entry, processing returns, expediting, technical assistance and other duties as needed.
- This position requires the ability to lift more than 75 pounds on an occasional basis, move up to 25–50 pounds on a frequent basis and move up to 20 pounds on a constant basis. This position may require constant standing and walking. These requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Minimum of a business or trade degree preferred, or the equivalent in work experience.
- Prior warehouse distribution experience with good knowledge of electrical products or systems preferred.
- Minimum of 18 years of age is preferred with a valid driver’s license for the state of residence.
- Walk, sit or lift the majority of the day.
- Prior experience operating a forklift is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Ability to read, write and speak English preferred.
- Prefer some working knowledge of PC for Windows, Internet and SAP enterprise resource planning software.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?