IT Business Analyst
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
As the voice of the customer the BA owns gathering, documenting and communicating the business and system requirements that define the proposed solution. Translates user's needs into functional and technical requirements using business process maps, user stories, use cases and diagrams that will be used by users, vendors, developers and Quality Assurance resources in integrating/ developing, testing and deploying the new solution. Facilitates formal user acceptance testing. Serves as conduit between the customer community and IT teams.
- Drives requirements creation using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, user stories, screen mockups, time/task studies and workflow and As Is and To Be business process analysis. Provides direction to Programmer/Analysts.
- Analyzes information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, and decomposes high level information into detailed functional and technical requirements. Clarifies and priorities required and optional needs with end users.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with staff to validate the information needs and functional/technical requirements delivered through prescribed artifacts in accordance with recognized principles of business analysis.
- Accountable for user training and user acceptance testing. Collaborates with QA tracking defects and resolution to ensure all outstanding issues are known and accepted prior to deployment.
- Drives and challenges business partners on their assumptions and execution of plans.
- Develops and promotes best practices and enforces project standards, taking initiative to improve tools/templates, processes and productivity.
- Provides production support for existing applications.
- Any combination of post-secondary education in Business, Information Technology or related IT field and applications experience to equal seven years.
- Ability to understand the business and technical requirements of a system and their impact on other systems.
- Able to understand functional and technical characteristics of hardware/software platforms of each product/project assigned.
- Understanding of enterprise-wide analysis tools (such as MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Visio and MS Project Pro) and techniques.