CDL Driver - Class B
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
- Provides delivery of material to customer sites. Maintains delivery vehicle in clean, good working condition and monitors maintenance and mileage data.
- Maintains daily driver logs and vehicle inspection sheets. Provides for regular maintenance and cleaning of vehicles.
- Schedules Department of Transportation (DOT) and state mandated inspection visits as required. Completes truck summary, driver's log and other backup detail daily and forwards all the information to the corporate office on a weekly basis in order to be processed timely, pay truck expenses and update appropriate records.
- Must be observant and adhere to all local, state and federal traffic and safety regulations.
- May check and pack material to be delivered. Must have a full understanding of truck routes and may coordinate deliveries with our own trucks, assigned freight companies or other carriers based on special requests or the best way to ship material. May maintain shipping equipment and keep work area clean and safe.
- May perform warehouse functions including, but not limited to, order filling, stocking shelves, processing returns, receiving and shipping as needed. Assists with loading and unloading material at the branch and customer locations.
- May receive incoming freight and checks the material for damages or shortages. Distributes material to the proper stock locations. Fills special orders and backorders as material is received. Follows up with appropriate departments, carriers and vendors on receiving discrepancies, damages and shortages. Maintains a clean and safe working area.
- Performs all aspects of the job as accurately and efficiently as possible while providing exceptional customer service at all times. Willingly performs and assists with other duties and projects as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- This position requires the ability to lift over 75 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 25 – 50 lbs. on a frequent basis, and/or move up to 0 – 20 lbs. on a constant basis. This position may require constant standing and/or walking and occasional sitting. These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Minimum of a two-year business or trade degree is preferred or the equivalent in work experience. Prior warehouse distribution experience with good knowledge of electrical products or systems preferred.
- Minimum of 21 years of age is required and must possess a valid Class B driver license for the state of residence along with a current medical certification.
- Prior experience operating a forklift is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English preferred. Prefer some working knowledge of PC for Windows, Internet and SAP enterprise resource planning software.
- This position will work 4:30pm - 1:30am Monday-Friday. It will drive a truck between several BSE branch location across Minnesota.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?