Indoor Plant Specialist
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: $15.83 - $17.81 / hr based on qualifications
Grows, plants and cares for all living plants as well as installs and maintains all artificial plants and décor to provide an aesthetically pleasing environment for guests, Community members, and team members/employees.
- Grows, installs and maintains tropical plant materials for indoor areas. Participates in design discussions for projects.
- Plants and maintains native and non-native plants in SMSC outdoor landscape projects.
- Creates and maintains artificial plant and floral arrangements.
- Mixes and applies chemicals used in horticultural applications. Keeps accurate records of material used and chemicals applied.
- Participates in the removal of snow from entrances, sidewalks, and roadways.
- Occasional tasks
- Combination of education and experience to equal three years in horticulture and landscape. Two years in maintaining and propagating tropical/indoor plants.
- Ability to operate small-engine landscaping/snow removal equipment.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record is required.
- Industrial Truck Driving permit may be required (forklift).
- MN non-commerical pesticide applicators licence or ability to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- On feet or standing 90% of shift.
- May work in sub-zero conditions or excessive heat in the summer in a a non-climate controlled environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Exposure to fumes and odors.
- Outside work 60% of time.