Organization Development Specialist (Program Manager II)
Organization Development Specialist (Program Manager II)
Posted Date 2 weeks ago(12/4/2017 8:52 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 300854
Department/Unit Center for Ethical Organizations
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
Special Instructions Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Organization Development Specialist position within the Center for Ethical Organizations.
The Center's Organization Development Specialist reports to the Center for Ethical Organizations (CEO) President & CEO and coaches Organization Development (OD) implementation and performance measurement within member company organizations. Additionally, this position runs, cultivates, and captures innovative practices via the Innovation Board (in person and online), and provides theses strategic insights to member organizations in the form of the Leader Forum, live-stream interviews, and other aligned twin cities events.
1. Organization Development: Assists ETHOS cohort members through the OD processes, including the alignment of values with strategy, structure, management and leadership processes, talent development, rewards, and key performance indicators. This includes an organization-wide approach to change, diagnosing issues of organizational effectiveness and culture. Through planned assessments and interventions in the organization's process, it also employs behavioral-science to improve performance. The OD specialist will focus on improving three levels of transformation in ethical culture: individuals, teams, and the organization itself.
2. Cultivating Relationships: The OD specialist is responsible for cultivating working relationships with supervisor and mid management human resource, compliance, and organization effectiveness/development executives among the Center's member companies and prospects.
3. Online OD Assessments: Assist with the development and implementation of multiple online organizational assessments including the Principled Leadership Assessment.
4. Innovation Board & ETHOS Labs: Schedule and facilitate quarterly innovation board meetings and regular online dialogue, to support ETHOS Labs, where all member organizations may develop and test prototypes of frameworks, tools, and techniques for developing ethical cultures. The OD Specialist is responsible for managing and cultivating ETHOS Labs, which curates these innovative efforts, including stories about their strategic implementation to assist members in adapting new ethical development techniques in your organization
5. ETHOS Magazine: Assists with the development of the quarterly issues of ETHOS Magazine for members, including the coordination of contributors from members to college of business professors. Utilize Canva software to develop and upload to the web.
This position is contingent upon continued grant funding. Should such funding cease, St. Thomas may choose to eliminate this position.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and five years of program administration or office management experience.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
Preferred qualifications: a Master's level or equivalent graduate study in OD and/or Law, Ethics, or Compliance, experience with Organization Development, and experience leading projects in a business oriented environment. Experience in facilitating OD and strategic planning in multiple organizational settings is necessary. Experience in an academic and non-profit organization is helpful.
Knowledge: Working knowledge of adult learning theory and practice. Strong knowledge of the evolution of thinking and practice in emerging trends in organization development and design thinking.
Special skills: Demonstrated ability to contract, diagnose, intervene, and measure performance through the OD process. Superb writing capability. . Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate operations of a business unit. Proven ability to network effectively with professionals in a wide range of disciplines.
Abilities: Ability to work in Canvas (online learning) and with Canva (online marketing). Ability to facilitate a number of interventions and dialogue protocols including Appreciative Inquiry, GE Workout Methodology, Collegial Inquiry, Collaborative Inquiry, World Café, and other similar practices.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than "Jobs at St. Thomas", the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Special Instructions to Candidates
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.