Corporate Intern - IT Technical Services
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
The Corporate Intern will have a solid understanding of the department they are in as well as the overall business. The internship aims to provide our interns with challenging, real-world projects specific to their career path. Works within the department on day to day projects; projects will include but not be limited to activities related to process improvement, project management, data support, reporting, documentation, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Prepares new computers for installation including loading operating systems, application software and installing necessary hardware. Adding video cards, memory and accessories
- Diagnosed and repairs personal computers, mobile devices and other hardware
- Sends units out for repair and assures the repair is accomplished in a timely manner
- Uses and assists in the administration of PC lifecycle configuration management software for inventory, software distribution and installation, patch deployment, imaging and remote support of PC’s, laptops and mobile devices
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Current student or new graduate (within last year) in a 2 or 4-year degree program
- Strong knowledge of business office procedures, office equipment operation, data entry/keyboarding skills and communication systems helpful.
- Prefer strong knowledge of PC for Windows and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint).
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?