Lead Data Center Technician
Responsible for the uninterrupted operation of the systems which supply both power and cooling to the raised floor data center environment. These distribution systems include generators, UPS, chillers, and cooling towers and their related equipment. The individual's schedule must be adaptable to a 24 hours a day, seven days a week operation on an assigned shift.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Installing and Maintaining Equipment - Executes PM/CM procedures. Installs power to the raised floor equipment.
- Monitoring Building Systems - Uses SCADA, ALC, and other applications as well as building rounds to monitor systems and ensures those systems are operating efficiently and to original specifications.
- Responding to Escalations - Follows escalation processes and acts as first responder to major equipment and system issues.
- Taking Ownership of Major Equipment - Takes responsibility for one or more of the major pieces of equipment supplying power or cooling within the Data Center.
- Resolving Issues or Problems - Work with vendors, Central Plant, and Engineering teams.
- Continuously Improving - Drive improvements in existing processes and procedures in collaboration.
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician or Journeyman HVAC Mechanic
- Demonstrated technical/mechanical aptitude
- Industrial/Trade school courses
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Ability to work independently in a team environment