Customer Service Supervisor
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
- Leads and supervises staff. Initiates and conducts periodic staff meetings. Conducts one-on-one feedback meetings with staff to ensure employees are performing job Responsibilities and are meeting established goals and the company’s high quality standards. Ensures employees are fully trained and qualified to complete their job Responsibilities and adhere to the company’s policies and procedures. Develops employees for future possibilities. Accountable for complete documentation regarding employee performance, disciplinary or any other employment related issues, in a timely manner. Responsible for hiring activities and termination process, as appropriate
- Works closely with Border States’ sales and marketing staff to meet and exceed sales and gross profit objectives. Obtains orders and provides proactive customer service sales functions including, but not limited to, order entry, expediting, pricing, follow-up and other services, as required. May develop quotations and request bid or performance bonds for customers within company profit objectives and guidelines.
- Actively participates in the marketing, planning, and sale of Border States’ products and services. Participates in and advises management on the implementation of marketing plans and strategies. Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations. Provides input to sales and marketing personnel on customer needs and concerns regarding pricing, products, competition and procedures. Participates in coordinating, analyzing, and acting upon information and feedback of customer needs, pricing, products, competition, and procedures.
- Coordinates with the Customer Financial Services staff to resolve customer-billing problems resulting from errors in pricing, shipping, delivery or other credit areas.
- Attends sales meetings and training programs, as required. Assists with sales meetings and trade shows, as needed.
- Provides input to the pricing and purchasing areas on product evaluations, code descriptions, inventory management, pricing development, and other related functions.
- Responsible for performing the appropriate SAP functions to assure Customer Service areas runs as efficiently and accurately as possible. Responsible for performing the duties of the Customer Service Representative, as needed.
- This position requires the ability to lift over 50 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 10 – 25 lbs. on a frequent basis, and/or move up to 0 – 10 lbs. on a constant basis. This position may require constant standing and/or walking and or frequent or constant sitting. These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Minimum of a two-year business/trade degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience. Prior supervisory experience with a minimum of three years of prior customer service, city desk or sales experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of electrical products and systems preferred.
- Technical ability to understand electrical systems with a minimum of four-years of prior electrical distribution experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Internet, Email and SAP software.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?