Temporary Administrative Assistant (January – April)
Copeland Buhl has been providing accounting services to Minneapolis businesses for over 40 years. We are an excellent employer and have been recognized as a Top Workplace by the Star Tribune multiple times. Our compensation and benefits package is second to none and the opportunities for career advancement are virtually limitless. It is our awesome employees who are the key component in the recipe that makes our firm a great place to work!
The position will partner with the administrative team in ensuring the needs of our fast paced work environment are met. The individual in this role will need to proactively solve problems, be a team player and be an excellent communicator.
- Provide support on administrative and project duties including: processing tax returns, handling information requests, assisting in maintaining the firm’s document retention policy, etc.
- Create, proof, update, scan, copy, file and maintain documents
- Communicate verbally and in writing
- Maintain confidentiality
- Multi-tasking and prioritizing of projects to ensure timely completion
- Provide appropriate information to contacts (handle questions, issues and follow ups)
- Apply knowledge of business and department objectives and priorities
- Follow all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work
- Other duties/projects, as assigned
- Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in an administrative role with increasing responsibility.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, anticipating and resolving problems
- Strong professional demeanor, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Relationship building; ability to collaborate outside of the department to enlist the cooperation of others within the firm.
- Strong decision-making skills and a willingness to adapt with changing priorities
- Process-orientation when developing and executing projects
- Fluency with PC programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook