Distribution Center Manager
The Distribution Center Manager is responsible to direct and lead the planning, development, and implementation of policies and programs for growing the aftermarket business, drive operational excellence, and optimize customer satisfaction. The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the warehouse operations as it pertains to inventory integrity, order fulfillment, and the movement of goods in and out of the distribution center.
- Develop and implement the strategic plan for ASV parts operations and parts e-commerce strategy with the objective of generating year-over-year revenue and net income growth.
- Analyze and recommend programs to improve market penetration, improve turnaround time, reduce operating costs, and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Develops strategies and support the Organizations’ goal to work within approved budgets and achieve financial goals; develop and implement cost saving measures, and innovatively align work with Strategic Goals.
- Effectively manages the budget and P&L of the operation.
- Manages customer service activities relating to the order fulfillment process; interface with sales, customers, and the factory ensuring customer satisfaction and contractual compliance.
- Ensures operational excellence in all warehouse areas, related equipment, and warehouse management systems and processes.
- Responsible for the shipping logistics including documentation, customs, and container shipments. Ensure ASV is in compliance with laws and regulations regarding transportation, including customs, and hazardous materials.
- Responsible for accurate and timely inventory transactions including receipts, part shipments, and transfers.
- Establish and evaluate key metrics to ensure effective management of customer support activities, on time delivery and inventory turns.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining, and aligning company policies with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 3+ years of supervision experience in Customer Service, Logistics, Warehousing, &/or Operations
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of business operating systems (Vantage ERP preferred).
- Proficient in MS Windows (Outlook, Excel, and Word required).
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Passion for customer service excellence.
- In-depth knowledge of business, logistics, warehousing, and transportation.
- Leadership and communication skills to effectively lead, mentor, and facilitate.
- Self-starter; able to work with or lead cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to work under minimal direct supervision and be willing to take initiative to resolve problems and to help revise and upgrade processes.
- Knowledge of logistics related environmental and safety regulations and practices.
- Resilient personality; able to satisfy challenging customers.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.