Posted Date 1 month ago(12/8/2017 10:01 PM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 2017-3233
Department/Unit Counseling and Psychological Services - Student Affairs
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 10
Benefits Eligible Yes
Special Instructions Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Counselor/Veteran Liaison position within the Counseling and Psychological Services Department.
The Mental Health Counselor provides psychological services to the University of St. Thomas community in the form of assessment, individual and group therapy, crisis intervention, consultation, and outreach programming, with half of the services provided being dedicated to serving student veterans. Service to student veterans will include Readjustment Counseling, serving as the CAPS liaison to the Veterans Resource Center, and providing outreach and programming specific to the needs of student veterans.
- Conduct intake sessions, provide individual and group psychotherapy, and crisis intervention services to students. Maintain records and case notes in keeping with legal, ethical and professional standards of care.
- Conduct intake sessions, provide individual and group psychotherapy, crisis intervention, stabilization, and follow-up services to veterans, including Readjustment Counseling and treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Provide outreach and consultation services to UST community including students, faculty and staff. Serve as liaison to one UST residence hall and provide 24-hour crisis coverage and consultation services to that hall. Serve on UST and Student Affairs committees.
- Provide outreach and consultation services to student veterans, including serving on Veterans Services Committee and acting as liaison to Veterans Resource Center.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
- Maintain professional involvement in appropriate organizations. Maintain Minnesota licensure by completing the requisite continuing education.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.
Required: Completed master's degree or doctoral degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or closely related field. Experience providing Readjustment Counseling to military veterans, including treatment of combat-related Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Licensure: Licensed or license-eligible to practice independently in the State of Minnesota as psychologist, social worker, or counselor.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than "Jobs at St. Thomas", the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Special Instructions to Candidates
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.