Lead Business Partner AP - Merchandise Shortage Operations
JOIN US AS AN AP LEAD BUSINESS PARTNER MERCHANDISE SHORTAGE OPERATIONSAbout This OpportunityEnsure the protection of Target team members, physical assets and corporate facilities—and help make our Assets Protection team the fastest, smartest and most effective in the industry.As part of the Assets Protection team who ensures the protection of Target team members, physical assets and corporate facilities, this role will focus on Merchant, Merchandise Planning and Buyers support and interaction project management and analytics to migiate shortage risk.Be a part of the team that achieves enterprise wide accountability and awareness to protect profit and reduce loss. Use your skills and experience to be a key driver in shortage mitigation and in turn drive better in-stocks, sales, and margin. As an AP Lead Business Partner Merchandise Shortage Operations, you will be a primary consultant and subject matter expert in finding gaps and determining impact for the company within shortage. You will Drive Business Results by monitoring results and real time shortage indicators through reporting and metrics to identify emerging trends and analyzing differing points of data to assist in financial results. This role will focus on end to end analysis on signature merchant categories. Has the ability to leverage merchandising analytics and related systems and tools.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an AP Lead Business Partner focused merchant initiatives within your business categories, communicating shortage results and influencing change, you'll take the lead as you…
- Analyze financial and operational data to identify top profitability gaps and identify short and long term solutions.
- Identifies and drives continuous improvement efforts through partnerships across Target.
- Respond to inquiries and resolves profit gaps initiated by Target locations, vendors, and other internal partners.
- Analyze data to identify trends in shortage results and real time shortage metrics, diagnose root causes and translate findings to process owners and business partners.
- Collaborate and establish partnerships with HQ teams and the field to monitor and identify potential profit protection opportunities.
- Effectively communicate key findings, insights and recommendations to help cross functional teams make profitable business decisions.
- Enhance systems and processes by encouraging the open exchange of information across the enterprise.
- Probe and look past symptoms to determine underlying causes of problems and issues.
- Anticipate and meet the need for information of key stakeholders; synthesize complex information, communicating the right amount of detail.
- Create strategy to balance short and long term range business plans.
- Four-year college degree
- Merchandising experience preferred
- Minimum of 4-6 years Target or related retail experience
- Excellent problem solving, and logical reasoning skills
- Preferred system aptitude Excel, Access, Merch.IQ, Domo
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work in a highly collaborative environment and influence partners.
- Ability to utilize a variety of analytical techniques to solve problems