Lead Front-End Developer (OPC)
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Target's new operations/production/control (OPC) team builds and maintains systems that organize and visualize information from multiple sources; used by supply chain leaders, OPC provides the data necessary to make critical and timely operational decisions. We architect solutions to facilitate near real time analytics; design libraries and abstractions to make our jobs easier; embrace modern web development practices and tools to ensure consistency, stability, and performance; and are fully responsible for the Target's operations, production and control stack. We realize successes through our strong engineering culture and delighting our users with great web experiences.
About this Opportunity
We are seeking an engineer who is able to jump in, influence, and contribute to our greenfield project.
As a Lead Front End Engineer at Target you will use your skills, experience, and talent to be part of our amazing team. Here is what we are looking for in you:
- Work as a member of a product team that will iterate on OPC features that impact Target's bottom line.
- Contribute to our full-stack Node.js and React application.
- Continuously work to improve through pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Implement design patterns to enhance our highly scalable web application.
- Contribute to the design of our full system architecture.
- Engage in continuous improvement projects within the team and mentor other engineers.
- Contribute unit and functional tests to certify your work is good.
- Provide technical expertise to product teams, advising best practices and highlighting risks.
- BS degree in computer science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience in web technologies.
- Knowledge of JS async (async/await, promises, generators)
- Functional programing in JS
- Knowledge of the React ecosystem
- Familiarity with build tools such as webpack, Rollup, gulp, and Grunt.
- Computer Science foundational knowledge including competencies working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Experience automated testing and proficient with a testing framework (e.g. Jest, Mocha).
- Experience working with a source versioning tool, such as Git.
- Experience working as a member of an Agile software development team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Node.js and React.
- Experience working with GraphQL and RESTful web services.
- Experience building accessible websites.
- Experience working on project facilitating true CI and CD.
- Exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Git, etc.).
- Awareness of new and emerging technologies.
As part of the OPC Team you will be a front line contributor to the future of Target's supply chain.