Organizational Development Manager
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Provides a broad range of talent, leadership, and organizational development services and support to all levels of management across the Gaming Enterprise and SMSC enterprises, departments, and services. Proactively identifies, develops, and manages strategic talent management and organizational effectiveness initiatives to ensure the leadership and management talent necessary to meet current and future needs; enhances performance, productivity, and employee and team member satisfaction levels through improvements in the work environment.
Provides input to the director in the preparation of the departmental budget. Manages areas of assigned responsibility within agreed-to budget and plan guidelines.
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of an overall leadership strategy and plan for the enterprise. Ensures that best practices for organizational development are evaluated for fit in the organization's culture.
- Initiate, support and facilitate endeavors to enhance organizational effectiveness through interventions based on structure, programs, processes, and systems aimed at gaining a sustainable competitive advantage. Facilitate, support and consult on organizational structure design and redesign efforts to ensure the achievement of business objectives.
- Actively promote the integration of organizational effectiveness and change management competencies throughout the enterprise through education, partnership and consultation.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of an overall team member communication strategy and plan, utilizing a variety of communication channels chosen for their effectiveness.
- Support efforts to enhance the retention of key talent through succession planning, executive development, etc. to achieve optimal match of individual and organizational needs.
- Provide individualized executive/management coaching as required to help create high performance teams. Delivers internal consulting on division or department change integration and talent management initiatives. Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the enterprise.
- Develop a menu of organizational development interventions to support team effectiveness as a critical component of overall business effectiveness. Designs and facilitates processes and intervention tools for specific employee- and team member-related issues related to work redesign, organizational design, change integration and transition management, and team development and performance effectiveness. Works with management to ensure that intended changes are institutionalized into the culture.
- Conducts structured and focused evaluations of processes and results of programs. Works across the HR organization to ensure alignment with other HR processes.
- Oversees development, assessment, and management of organization-wide recognition and reward programs and events; oversees management of the tuition reimbursement program.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and promotes. This includes training and development. Completes performance reviews for direct reports and conducts disciplinary and discharge actions.
- Bachelor's degree in organizational development, human resources, organizational psychology, or related field; master's degree preferred.
- Recent demonstrated success in a management capacity in a corporate organizational development role to equal eight years.
- Proven experience with organizational change efforts.
- Demonstrated excellent coaching and negotiation skills.
- Ability to proactively identify and diagnose business needs and deliver relevant solutions.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong presentation and persuasion skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.