Event Product Manager
The Event Product Manager will manage the execution and fulfillment of Star Tribune Media Company owned & operated events and various promotional initiatives. Partners with internal stakeholders on the creation, development and execution of a growing portfolio of events. Works with external partners on activation of sponsorship elements such as signage, premiums, tickets, necessary permits, approvals and policies, event team supervision, vendor relationships, sweepstakes and contest fulfillment. Assembles and leads a street team for selected events, plans and implements contingencies, if needed. Helps define and drive key deliverables, communicates progress and prepares product reviews following events.
- 3+ years’ experience in event and marketing positions required; 5+ years' preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience
- Demonstrated skills in event management, project management and marketing
- Computer and social media proficiency a must
- Excellent oral/written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively interact with many different internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in successfully managing multiple projects against specific deadlines
- Attention to detail, strong organization and problem solving skills
- Working under minimal supervision
- Flexibility in schedule to coordinate and work events occurring on evenings and weekends (average of 2 – 3 events per month). Heavy event schedule during summer months.