Machinist - 2nd Shift
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
- Paid Weekly
- Hiring Bonus
- Set up and machine work of moderate complexity and difficulty.
- Inspect work using gaging and inspection devices to verify conformance to specifications.
- Meet expectations for productivity and quality and strives for continuous improvement.
- May train others, troubleshoot, or work with support groups as needed.
- Participates in continuous improvement practices such as 5S, Kaizen events, value stream mapping or other improvement projects or teams.
- Work to achieve work center guideline certification.
- Follows guidelines established for work scheduling and understands delivery objectives.
- Communicates pertinent information well with others and is a team player.
- Good work ethic and maintains good attendance.
- Report any machine or process problems or variances to foreman.
- Able to perform multiple tasks running several machines simultaneously.
- Perform various other duties as assigned by foreman/manager.
- Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Knowledge of tooling, fixtures, products and processes.
- Must have an understanding of the machines (including basic programming features) and of the working properties of the various materials used in the manufacture of products.
- History of good work standards, good quality, and team participation.
- Competent in the operation and performance of multiple machine tools.
- Computer skills, including a working expertise with computerized workflow systems.
- Must be able to qualify simple parts using a variety of inspection equipment.
- Good mathematical skills and ability to understand basic GD&T.
Education/ Experience and Schedule:
- Degree/Diploma from technical school and a minimum two to three years of related machine shop experience.
- Minimum of one-year setting up and operating various machine tools.
- Experience with Esprit highly preferred.
2nd Shift Schedule: