Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Inginaire is looking for a Sr, Manufacturing Engineer to work for our client, a world-class manufacturer of CNC punch press tooling and fonning applications for the sheet metal fabrication industry, located in Anoka, MN.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to detennine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Regularly applies statistical methods to estimate process capability and manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Ability to understand concepts of CAD and CAM. Background in SDRC, Solidworks, and/or D.P. Esprit is a plus.
- Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design data of part to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates.
- Manage projects in their entirety. Must be effective at project management.
- Understands lean manufacturing principles and can effectively apply them to enable the best outcome for the circumstance.
- Writes program of machine instructions in symbolic language to encode numerical control tape or direct numerical control database to regulate movement of machine along cutting path.
- Masters Degree and 4-6 years experience; or Associates with 6-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory.
- Ability to work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems.