Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
Position can be located out of North Dakota, South Dakota or Nebraska; territory will cover all three areas. Travel is 90% plus.
Works as a team member with the ultimate goal of becoming proficient in the field of metering. Troubleshoots issues on electric meters. Inspects and verifies meter wiring and conditions of all equipment involved. Removes and replaces existing electric meters. Takes and records voltages. Attends daily “Tailgate Meetings” with all involved personnel to maintain safety and guidance through the various conditions. All projects are field oriented and very little time is spent indoors.
- Observes all conditions at the time of the service; often there can be hazards present that render conducting our efforts un-safe. Hazardous conditions require immediate contact with utility personnel
- and the lead technician on the project.
- Deploys AMR/AMI equipment
- Removes and replaces existing electric meters
- Takes and records voltages
- Takes required photos of various conditions at the location.
- Notes all non-hazardous anomalies to assist utility personnel in determining their next step.
- Inspects and verifies meter wiring and conditions of all equipment involved.
- Verifies accuracy of electric meters and all connected equipment
- Determines the correct billing multiplier is in use. i.e. Voltage and Current Transformers
- Verifies ratio accuracy of current transformers under customer loads.
- Conducts full ANSII C-12-meter accuracy tests and calibration on High voltage installations. i.e.
- Substations and Utility Generation sites.
- Troubleshoots metering installations to determine losses when equipment failure or installation errors are discovered.
- Attends daily “Tailgate Meetings” with all involved personnel to maintain safety and guidance through the various conditions.
- Travel up to 90%.
- All projects are field oriented and very little time is spent indoors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager or other designate
- Must be 21 Years of age
- High School degree or GED
- A background in electricity is a plus but not required
- Requires a valid driver's license
- Experience with basic hand tools
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Access and Excel
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?