Sr Specialist, Editorial & Channel Management
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
SENIOR SPECIALIST, EDITORIAL & CHANNEL MANAGEMENT As Senior Internal Communications Associate, you'll play a critical role in amplifying the voice of Target to thousands of team members worldwide. You'll serve as a writer, creative storyteller and communications strategist and be part of a team that creates one of Target's most-read internal email news channels called Briefly. You'll partner with people across Target's business and work closely with other members of Target's communications team to bring those stories to life across a number of digital platforms, events and experiences … all with the goal of engaging and inspiring Target's team.As a Senior Specialist, Editorial & Channel Management, you'll take the lead with:
- Top-notch writing - You'll be responsible for crafting stories that help Target's team understand our guests, Target's business strategy and the industry. You'll be required to manage multiple editorial projects against tight deadlines to bring stories and content to life. Creative, clear, and concise writing should be at the top of your "I'm good at" list
- Content strategy - In this role, you'll have a front row seat to everything that is happening across Target and will work with partners to develop creative, long-form and short-form content for a variety of internal platforms, including video, intranet, email and social.
- Business acumen - You'll develop and/or possess an understanding of Target's business, strategies, objectives and team members, bringing that mindset to create relevant and engaging communications.
- Investigative reporting - You'll bring an innovative approach to all of your work, prioritizing continuous improvement to keep our communications fresh.
- Channel management - You'll work closely with partners across the business to plan and determine the best tactics to deliver on their business goals on your platform. You'll also help build best practices, analyze data and help continue to evaluate the effectiveness of our communications strategies.
- Operational support - You'll use your project management and organizational skills to build strategies, maintain editorial calendars, share results and support daily channel execution.
- In this role, you'll partner with a team to create a daily, skim-able email edition of Briefly that's comprised of three to four short stories (150 words or less).
- You'll tap into your creative storytelling skills to create content that is cool, timely, relevant and informative to inform team members' perspectives about Target's strategy, helps them understand and support this work, and ultimately builds confidence and trust in Target.
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in journalism, communications or related field
- 4-year degree with emphasis in communications
- Top-notch communications, writing, investigative reporting and editing skills
- Ability to develop and execute multiple editorial projects at once and against very tight deadlines
- Strong editorial judgment with ability to focus on both broad, strategic vision and small, critical details
- Understanding of how to communicate information clearly and creatively, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven skills in relationship development, project management, and issue resolution
- Familiarity with multimedia storytelling, internal communications platforms, measurement and analytics a plus