Premium Auditor, Internal - Insurance, Finance, Opportunity, Physical, Field, Audit, Numbers, Math
SFM -- The Work Comp Experts. Work Somewhere You Love.
Internal Premium Auditors at SFM -and- SFM Risk Solutions administer internet, mail-form, and telephone premium audits, on smaller accounts (generally premiums less than $3,000). They match payroll records to workers' compensation and classification codes as well as secure supporting tax documentation. They secure and summarize all risks/exposures and ensure appropriate industry and job classification codes. They interact with, and educate, clients who do not have as much exposure to WC.
--We’re looking for--
Two Auditors. Successful candidates for this role include business-minded individuals that pay close attention to detail, like to dig in and ask questions, and are able to learn complex WC classification codes. Math or numbers skills are preferred, but we do not necessarily need a statistician.
- Associate’s degree with emphasis on accounting/finance -or- equivalent work experience.
- Two years’ experience reviewing and processing premium audits or in an accounting or insurance environment, preferred.
- Work comp and/or casualty experience, desired.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong math and accounting skills with analytical capabilities.
- Strong communication skills in order to interact in a team environment and effectively communicate with a diverse group of customers and other parties.
- Sound independent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills (preferably with Windows).
- Data-entry skills with high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of NCCI, MWCIA and state applicable rules, desired.
- May involve travel to meet with external customers; valid driver’s license, preferred.
- APPLY! Find out why SFM employees have stuck around for 30+ years!
- Check Us Out @ www.sfmic.com/careers -or- https://www.youtube.com/user/SFMcompanies
If you need assistance during the application or interview process due to a disability, please contact Human Resources at (952) 838-2083 so accommodations may be discussed.
Since 1983, SFM’s mission has been to be the workers’ compensation partner of choice for agents, employers, and their workers. While we’ve expanded to over 18,000 customers in the Midwest, and have grown our offerings to include vocational rehab, safe patient handling, loss prevention, medical services (and more!), our focus continues to be unrivaled customer service, injury prevention, and results.
SFM Mutual Insurance Company and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital, familial, or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected classification.
SFM Companies, EEO/AA Employers.