Materials Planning & Control Manager
Direct all activities related to the planning and flow of purchased and manufactured material and to maintain control and accuracy over all goods inventories.
- Manages and reviews inputs (Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP), cycle counting, strategic plan, engineering changes, master schedule) and controls planning, purchasing, and flow of material to ensure that inventory levels and conveyance allow adherence to production schedules, inventory control and working capital policies.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, material control, and ECO implementation.
- Supervises, provides functional guidance, and directs assignments for direct reports.
- Leads organization in attaining key metrics including working capital, inventory turns and days on hand.
- Responsible for a formalized inventory cycle count control system to maintain inventory accuracy and integrity through a subordinating supervisor. Capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
- Manage and flex material demand and flow through Kanban and MRP allowing for fluctuation in forecast and managing the growth of the business while ensuring the timely availability of components.
- Oversee and administer Kanban and the PFEP (Plan for Every Part) system.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies with health and safety regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 5 years’ experience in supply chain &/or inventory control.
- 5 years’ supervisory experience.
- Report writing, query, Crystal reports, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively build team consensus and influence others.
- Leadership and communication skills to effectively lead, mentor and facilitate.
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to work under minimal direct supervision and be willing to take initiative to resolve problems and to help revise and upgrade processes.
- Experience with concepts of planning and lean material flow (Pull systems, Kanban, MRP, etc.).
- APICS CPIM or ISM CPSM certification is preferred.