Staffing & Employee Relations Manager
JOB TITLE: #1088 Staffing & Employee Relations Manager
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: History Center, 345 Kellogg Blvd W, St Paul, MN 55102-1906
SALARY: $4,505.00 monthly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (2,088 annual hours) position.
CLASSIFICATION: 18K Supervisory
HIRING MANAGER: Director, Human Resources, Volunteers & Interns
POSTING DATE: December 27, 2017
DEADLINE DATE: January 15, 2018
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants for a Staffing & Employee Relations Manager to manage MNHS employment actions, staffing and recruitment, employee relations, on-boarding, HR consulting services, and provide senior-level professional support to the Director, Human Resources, Volunteers & Interns.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) develop, administer and manage the staffing function (recruitment, screening, selection, on-boarding), to ensure alignment with MNHS strategic goals and objectives and with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion. Work collaboratively with department staff across HR functions, including volunteers and interns program staff, to streamline operations and provide excellent service to MNHS managers, supervisors, employees and applicants; 2) work collaboratively with MNHS staff across the organization to manage employee relations and employment actions. Provide HR consulting services to proactively respond to employee relations issues; 3) provide supervision, support and guidance to assigned staff for timely accomplishment of department goals and objectives, high quality results and teamwork across functional lines; 4) manage the MNHS performance management program to support and reinforce the mission, vision, values and strategic objectives of the organization; and 5) coordinate compliance with MNHS’s equal employment opportunity program.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or closely related field plus six years program experience in human resources administration or equivalent OR an advanced degree plus five years program experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, with an emphasis on teamwork and high performance.
- Advanced knowledge of staffing best practices (recruitment, selection, and retention).
- Knowledge of classification systems and the ability to apply classification analysis within the State of Minnesota’s classification system.
- Experience managing a performance management program.
- Strong detail orientation with planning, organizing, and monitoring skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relationships with MNHS managers, staff members, professional peers and general public.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a multicultural setting and a deep commitment to supporting and promoting diversity.
- Well developed organizational, analytical, and writing skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Flexibility to adapting to changing deadlines, schedules, priorities and unpredictable events.
- At least three years’ experience in a non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of staff development and training trends.
- Extensive knowledge of database management, word processing applications and spreadsheets.
- Experience working with a Human Resources Information System, preferably ADP’s Workforce Now.
- Ability to extract data from system records and prepare summary reports.
- Ability to analyze personnel problems and recommend action to solve problems in a manner consistent with good personnel practice and MNHS personnel policies and program priorities.
Should you have questions with the application process, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call MNHS Job Line at 651-259-3181. Applicants offered employment are subject to passing a background check as a condition of employment.