Sr. Engineering Manager
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
In this role, you will lead a team of engineers creating guest-facing functionality for the flagship Target Mobile apps. The functionality provided by this team represents a highly flexible front door for the mobile apps that drive high interaction for guests and business value to Target. You will lead efforts to explore use of promotional material generated both internally within Target as well as externally via guest social media. This team is highly collaborative with partner teams and your ability to communicate and coordinate with those teams will be a key element of being successful in this role.
You will be responsible for delivering curated product and promotion content to both iOS and Android mobile apps. You will manage engineers building iOS, Android and micro-services. You will also be responsible for content management solutions for the mobile apps. You will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of these systems as well as primary production support for them.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Manage delivery of guest-facing experiences on Target Flagship Mobile App Team
- Manage a cross-functional team of engineers developing native mobile apps for Android and iOS as well as web services supporting the apps
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- Software development experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- Experience managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring, other JVM language and framework
- eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)