Front-End Developer (Web Developer I)
Front-End Developer (Web Developer I)
Posted Date 6 days ago(1/16/2018 3:07 PM)
Number of Openings 2
Closing Date 1/15/2018
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330182, 300020
Department/Unit Marketing, Insights and Communications
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
Special Instructions Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Front-End Developer (Web Developer I) position within the Marketing, Insights and Communications Department.
The Front-End Developer, (back end is a plus), will work with University of St. Thomas' internal web team to develop digital/interactive experiences for University partners. In this role, the developer will transform complex processes into intuitive and easy-to-use designs, (both Web and Mobile), that are understandable by both inexperienced and sophisticated users. The developer collaborates with the marketing and strategy teams throughout the design process from crafting user-flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, the developer will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
1. Front-End Designs, implements, and supports interface solutions for medium to large instructional and administrative applications. Researches, analyzes, and documents user needs. Formulates and defines user centered web and media interactive design solutions based on client needs.
2. Designs and illustrates system interfaces utilizing system tools and software. Ensures designs meet technical constraints and business requirements. Creates wire-frames, screenshots, interactive proto-types, icons, graphics, and documentation for review and sign-off.
3. Leads design review sessions describing functional and behavioral design approach.
4. Develops structured tests, releases, maintenance and evaluation plans for the interfaces of software/applications. Develops the test plan, test cases, design support structure or assist development/analyst team as necessary and adjusting user interfaces. Edits code to existing interfaces using application language code and tools. Creates evaluation methods, web analytics, and user surveys. Drives usability evaluation efforts with the goal of analyzing and translating usability evaluation outcomes into design improvements. Coordinates testing, and tracks and resolves efforts with end users.
5. Leads and directs medium to large Web and Media Services projects. Communicates with the development team, departments, and third party vendors. Develops project plans (statement of work, and task lists). Maintains task lists in project tracking tool. Works to maintain expectations of all parties involved, (development team, departments, and third party vendors).
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.
Preferred qualifications: Background in visual design and experience with rapid prototyping.
Skill in: Highly creative and detail oriented. Preparing clear and concise documentation and user instructions. Strong communication skills.
Abilities: Ability to work independently and juggle multiple UX projects at a time. The ability to prioritize work.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than "Jobs at St. Thomas", the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Special Instructions to Candidates
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.