JOB PURPOSE: Conduct a variety of electrical and mechanical tests on medical devices to ensure unit performance meets specifications, under minimal supervision. Perform testing, troubleshooting, and repair of equipment. Document methods and techniques used for testing and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Test functional performance of systems, subassemblies, and components.
· Perform quality assurance testing during assembly to detect and prevent defective components from being installed and reaching the end user.
· Download system parameters used to control the device operations and evaluate performance.
· Troubleshoot and make adjustments as required.
· Analyze test results on defective units to determine cause of failure.
· Record discrepancies in test log for monthly defect reports.
· Review test log data for trends and create meaningful reports or a summary of such trends and present to production management.
· Complete and maintain all required documentation including test results and other pertinent records.
· Calibrate test instruments according to specifications.
· Confer with engineers, other technicians, and production personnel regarding results and make recommendations to resolve problems.
· Perform various assembly tasks of sub-assys & systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRD FOR POSITION:
· Two-year technical degree in electronics
· 2-3 years experience as an electronics technician in a manufacturing environment is required; medical device manufacturing helpful
· Troubleshooting skills
· Basic mechanical aptitude and electronics knowledge of solenoids, PLC’s, slaves, relays, check valves, pumps, and other hydraulic components
· Ability to read and interpret schematic drawings, assembly drawings, and bills of materials.
· Competent in using various types of testing equipment such as ohm meters, frequency meters, etc.
· Ability to draw conclusions from test data and the ability to read and understand complex test instructions
· Competency with Microsoft based software