Cloud Security Architect
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Minnesota State is seeking a Cloud Security Architect to join its Information Security Risk & Compliance team. This team provides information security services to the Minnesota State system office and all 37 colleges and universities of the Minnesota State system.
As a Security Architect you will help shape Minnesota State’s existing and future cloud environments, protecting our data and identity assets. This is a great opportunity to work with people of diverse groups, possessing a wide array of skillsets. We have great benefits including a tuition waiver program.
The Information Security Architect is responsible for the architectural design and planning of the security program encompassing both centrally managed and institutional information technology. The position also leads the design and development of secure architectures for protecting data deployed into cloud and cloud hybrid systems. This position serves as the SME for cloud transformation and is expected to have a deep understanding of cloud architecture and Microsoft technologies. The position provides expertise in: defining requirements; developing and designing secure architectures; developing system wide processes and standards; and selecting enterprise wide security products, tools, technologies and services. The Information Security Architect works with all functional areas within IT in the system office and at institutions to design and support secure technologies to meet the business needs of the System.
The person must have a high level understanding of cloud technologies and solutions, understanding of Microsoft server and Active Directory architectures, accepted information security practices; applicable laws and regulations; secure architecture design, application security, security products and services, trends and emerging threats and vulnerabilities.
Resume must reflect all minimum qualifications. Please enter your experience in chronological order, including the month and year of employment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related technology OR equivalent combination of education and experience. 5 years experience as a security/IT technical lead or as a security/infrastructure architect.
- 5 years experience with various Microsoft server platforms and directory services (active directory, Azure active directory, and/or LDAP).
- 1 year experience with cloud technologies.
- Possess or commitment to obtain the following (company paid) certifications within 18 months of hire:
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Minimum of 3 Microsoft certifications)
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes. This includes network security, OS security and data protection.
- Experience with design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies and systems.
- Working knowledge of network/security infrastructure, and data center modeling, analysis and planning.
- Ability to create, maintain and organize documentation to support architectural standards and principles.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and work collaboratively across various technical and business units.
- Familiarity with Azure, and Office 365 cloud environment.
- Experience in managing and responding to security events and incidents.
- Working knowledge of industry standard authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, SAML, Shibboleth, etc.).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, PowerShell, Azure Templates, etc.).
- Experience with higher education or State government agencies.
- Strong project management skills.
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
- Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and a criminal history verification.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State offers an excellent work environment along with competitive compensation and benefits including tuition reimbursement. If you are interested, get all the details including salary information from our online job posting on the State of Minnesota’s Employment site at www.mn.gov/careers by searching for:
Job Family: Information Technology Careers
Department: MN State Colleges & Universities
Location: St. Paul
Job ID: 18459
Application deadline is January 22, 2018. No late applications will be considered. Please submit your resume and application online per the instructions in the individual job postings.
The Minnesota State System is an Equal Opportunity employer and educator.