7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University invites applicants for a full-time Administrative Assistant position in its Financial Aid Department. The Administrative Assistant serves as an integral part of the financial aid team. The individual in this position takes responsibility as the front-line, first contact for students, parents, faculty, and staff with questions or concerns regarding financial aid. S/he provides essential, first-rate customer service. The Administrative Assistant assists in the coordination of general workflow by imaging and processing acceptable electronic and paper documentation and correspondence.
• Provide excellent customer service to students, parents, staff, faculty, and visitors to the Financial Aid Office.
• Generally office daily operations such as phones, greeting and assisting walk-in visitors, scheduling financial aid counselor appointments, daily to departmental e-mail inquiries; Maintain supplies, forms, and publication stock. Complete Purchase Orders. Open, sort, and direct mail to appropriate staff.
• Provide accurate responses to general inquiries by accessing information from various modules in Banner, Docfinity imaging and Slate systems.
• Respond to information requests from students, parents, staff using appropriate data systems.
• Scan and index required materials into imaging system with support from student workers and staff.
• Coordinate the scanning of files and track electronic label dates and award counts. Complete tracking requirements using Banner enterprise system.
• Review institutional aid applications and update records; complete data entry for eligibility documentation, cancel/defer records, exit counseling, state grant unit reports.
• Assemble new student award letters and packets, mail paper tracking letters.
• Create, organize, and maintain student file system. Maintain outside scholarship database.
• Complete data entry or projects as needed by Counselors, Assistant, or Associate Directors.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at www.stkate.edu/hr to apply for this position. Position number is #20180002-Staff. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately and position will remain open until filled.
• High school diploma/GED required, bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum of one year office/clerical and customer service is required; financial aid, higher education and/or private, not-for-profit experience preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service and organizational skills are necessary.
• Ability and desire to work with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds; must be a team player.
• Demonstrated proficiency with computers and software such as MS Office; BANNER experience preferred.
• Ability to meet deadlines and process a high volume of work with great accuracy
• Previous financial aid experience and knowledge of financial aid policies and regulations preferred.
• Data entry and word processing skills; knowledge of general office procedures a must.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org