Account Manager - Industrial
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
Supports the functions of the Sales & Marketing Departments within BSE in managing assigned customer account relationships. Promotes Border States Electric’s products, services and capabilities to maximize customer sales potential. Regularly calls on assigned accounts, develops new accounts, inputs cost savings documentation, coordinates sales strategies with preferred vendors, actively manages and directs company sales and support resources, and provides input to the pricing and purchasing departments on competitive issues related to price, margin strategy product evaluations, electrical code requirements, inventory requirements and other related sales, marketing and service functions.
- Meet or exceed the sales and gross profit objectives which are established.
- Regularly call on assigned accounts and actively seek to develop new accounts within the sales planning guidelines and the assigned geographic territory to secure orders and generate sales of products and services.
- Ensures quality customer support, through expediting, pricing, follow-up, returns, and other services, as required.
- Provides customers with timely follow-up on technical inquiries and requests; this may be needed after business hours as well.
- Inputs TCCM cost savings documentation that is relevant to the assigned customer base.
- Directs the use of marketing tools, technical specialists, and company capabilities/services in support of a broad spectrum of products and services to facilitate a coordinated sales strategy for each assigned customer.
- Coordinates sales strategies with preferred vendors to maximize customer sales potential.
- Actively manages and directs company sales and support resources to maximize the sales and profit potential in support of all products, markets and specialist team opportunities for BSE.
- Participates in and advises sales management on the implementation and success of marketing plans and strategies.
- Provides input to other sales and marketing staff on customer needs and concerns regarding pricing, products, customer service and support, competition, procedures and market / customer potential.
- Provides strategic input to the pricing and purchasing departments on competitive issues related to price / margin strategy, product evaluations, electrical code requirements, inventory requirements, and other related sales, marketing and service functions.
- Advises CFS staff on changes in customer credit worthiness.
- Advises CFS in any changes in customer management or ownership.
- May develop quotations for customers within the company profit objectives and guidelines.
- Leads and attends sales and product meetings and technical training programs, as required.
- Attends and assists with sales meetings, trade shows and training programs, as needed.
- Coordinates with the Customer Financial Services staff to resolve customer billing issues resulting from errors in pricing, shipping, delivery or other credit areas, as needed.
- Entertains clients as needed.
- Minimum of a four-year business, sales, marketing or trade degree is preferred, or the equivalent in related work experiences.
- Technical competence in understanding electrical systems with a minimum of four-years of prior customer service, marketing, and quotation or sales experience preferred.
- Minimum of four-years of prior electrical distribution and quotations experience preferred.
- Experience with contract negotiation.
- Experience with presenting in front of a large group.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint), Internet, Email and SAP software.
- Consistently provides responsive, quality service to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive and engaged.
- Ability to read a one-line diagram (electrical drawings)
- Requires the ability to lift over 20 lbs. on an occasional basis, and/or move up to 0 - 20 lbs. on a constant basis.
- May require frequent standing and/or walking and or constant sitting.
- These physical requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Travel required.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?