Part-time House Technician, O'Shaughnessy Theater
St. Catherine University and The O'Shaughnessy, St. Paul campus, has a 0.5 FTE (average of 20 hours/week) House Technician position available in The O'Shaughnessy. This position provides a consistently professional level of technical service for all clientele, campus community and outside renters alike. Applicants for this position must be members of the IATSE Local 13 union.
• Professional training and experience with theater systems and equipment, in maintenance and operation, with specific expertise in one of three areas: Application, operation and maintenance of stage lighting, sound system and stage carpentry
• Attendance at production and staff meetings, as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned, including maintenance and operations of theatre facility.
• High School diploma (or GED) required; and some college/university experience, preferably in Theatre, Theatre Tech or related field. Bachelor's degree in Theatre/Theatre Tech preferred.
• Experience in lighting, sound and carpentry.
• Knowledge of theatre equipment operations, including current lighting and sound system technology.
• Excellent communicator with good people skills. Must be able to work well with both an experienced O'Shaughnessy team and a variety of clientele whose technical experience may be limited.
• Follow and give direction in a team setting, especially when working with IATSE Local 13.
• High work ethic standards, both individually and in a team setting.
• Effective and efficient problem solver.
• Enjoy working with people. Must be willing to be flexible when servicing clients.
• Knowledge of industry standards in area of safety and security.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our University is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org