Cage Shift Manager
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Maintains security of verified and unverified cash and cash-equivalents for cage activities on assigned shift. Manages staff and tasks of casino cage area to ensure compliance with regulations, policies, procedures, and service standards.
Maintains security of cage and vault assets for assigned shift. Assists in developing and adhering to financial budget for Cage Operations.
- Conducts daily operations in adherence to all applicable regulations, policies, procedures, and service standards including the System of Internal Control. Reviews all paperwork including Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR) documentation to ensure completeness. Acts in accordance to regulatory compliance through the monitoring and reporting of Title 31.
- Interviews, selects, hires, and promotes team members. Includes team member training and developing. Completes performance appraisals on direct reports. Monitors activities and conducts disciplinary action including termination. Completes department scheduling.
- Oversees the cage bankroll for adequate inventories of currency and coin.
- Monitors staffing levels to control overtime and other department costs.
- Assists in communicating/implementing department expectations and objectives.
- Makes check override decisions and conducts overrides up to $10,000
- Works to resolve conflict with other departments, team members, and guests.
- Conducts key count and maintains key control inventory.
- Researches variances as needed; includes recounting drawers with variances of $100 or greater.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Combination of post-secondary education and experience to equal three years in a gaming or casino cage operation or a large volume cash handling environment.
- Basic knowledge with word-processing, spreadsheets, database and electronic mail software.
- Minimum of two years of supervisory/management experience.
- Working knowledge of Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR)
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- On feet or standing 40% of shift.