Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker - Crisis / IRTS programs
People Incorporated serves people with mental illness in the Minneapolis and Saint Paul metro area. In 2016, we reached 12,000 individuals through more than 60 different programs. Helping people with mental illness requires great flexibility and creativity. That's why we start with the person first...developing innovative, effective services that provide the care, resources, and connections that will help each person in the best way possible. Join us in our mission to support mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care!
We are seeking candidates for Mental Health Practitioner positions in our Crisis and Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) programs. If you want to gain exposure to a high volume of clients with complex diagnoses and co-occurring disorders then Crisis Residences are a great place for you to begin or grow your career. We provide stable and supportive environments to people who are in the midst of mental health crises. Staff collaborate with residents to develop stabilization goals and support progress toward individualized visions of wellness.
Our Mental Health Practitioners create a supportive environment to better serve our clients. Responsibilities include:
- Admitting new clients and assessing status to determine immediate needs
- Conducting short therapeutic interventions and facilitating groups
- Documenting observable behaviors and symptoms
- Connecting clients with external or next step resources and discharging from the program
- Attending supervision meetings, clinical review meetings and staff meetings and trainings
- Working in a collaborative, team environment in order to provide the best support to our clients
We have five different Crisis / IRTS Residences located in St. Paul, Minneapolis and Coon Rapids. Each program operates 24/7 so we have weekend, evening and overnight shifts available for part-time schedules.
- Master's Degree in behavior science or human services
- Bachelor's Degree in behavior science or human services
- Two years full-time experience working with people with serious mental illness
- Experience using a variety of therapeutic modalities including crisis de-escalation, harm-reduction, and client-centered approaches
We value candidates who:
- Are dedicated to providing person-centered services
- Develop and maintain respectful and collaborative relationships with residents
- Create effective working relationships with colleagues and community partners
- Maintain confidentiality with all sensitive data
- Demonstrate an understanding of and sensitivity to serving culturally diverse populations
People Incorporated offers a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, paid time off and supervision toward professional licensure.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veterans or other status unrelated to job qualifications.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.