Corporate Summer Intern - Accounting & Finance
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
JOB SUMMARY Border States Electric Internship program aims to provide our interns with challenging, real-world projects specific to their career path. The Branch Support Intern will have a solid understanding of the department they work in, as well as the overall business. The internship program aims to provide our interns with challenging, real-world projects specific to their career path. They work within the department on day to day projects; which include but are not limited to activities related to process improvement, project management, data support, reporting, documentation, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Works within your department on day to day projects; which include but are not limited to activities related to process improvement, project management, data support, reporting, documentation, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Collaborates with various departments throughout the company.
- Builds relationships through meetings, events and one-on-ones with key leadership and employees.
- Works on professional development through trainings, group projects and community involvement.
- Assist with the general ledger processes and procedures
- Assist with compliance and sales tax items
- Assist the Financial Planning & Analysis team with forecasting, financial benchmarking, financial analysis, financial models, and financial reporting
- Assist the Customer Financial Services team with customer account set up and learn the fundamentals of credit and collections
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or other designate.
- Current students in a 2 or 4-year degree program, Border States requires an Unofficial Transcript at time of Application
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Students working toward a Bachelor’s degree or above must have a minimum of 60 credits (completed or in progress), with 24 of these credits within their major(s)/designated degree(s)
- Students working toward an Associate’s degree must have a minimum of 20 credits (completed or in progress), with 8 credits within their major(s)/designated degree(s)
- Strong knowledge of business office procedures, PC for Windows and Microsoft Office, data entry/keyboarding skills and communication systems would be helpful.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?