3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS A COMPLIANCE DIRECTORAbout This OpportunitySets strategic direction and leads a team of subject matter experts to develop, implement, and remediate product compliance programs at Target. This leader is responsible for prioritizing product compliance issues, in partnership from other Compliance Program Directors, and directing their team concerning significant compliance issues. The leader will also flex team resources, when appropriate, to quickly address critical compliance issues. The role will engage a wide range of leaders and teams to develop product compliance program strategies, with roles and responsibilities well defined and understood. In addition, this position will provide direction on regulatory inspection responses and routinely interact with external groups that include government agencies and compliance trade associations. This position has excellent leadership skills and has a proven track record in developing program strategies. This position leads a team of multi-disciplined SME program managers and provides developmental and growth opportunities for the group.Use your skills, experience and talents to drive an ethical & risk culture across the enterprise that increases the certainty of business outcomes through making it easy for Target team members to ensure compliance and act ethically. As a Compliance Director, you'll take the lead as you…
- Partner with other Compliance Directors to analyze compliance risks and external trends to provide prioritization of product compliance activities across the company.
- Develops the compliance strategy for product compliance programs.
- Lead a team of subject matter experts to develop, implement, and remediate risk-based product compliance programs.
- Ensure product compliance programs are documented per CCE's Compliance Management System.
- Prioritizes and flexes compliance team resources for successful outcomes and to quickly address and remediate product compliance issues.
- Develops training strategies and directs development of in-person and LMS training programs to meet compliance requirements.
- Develops and applies reporting and analysis of the effectiveness of product compliance programs and engage with senior leaders to address areas where controls are not operating as intended.
- Directs escalated product compliance program issues by engaging senior leaders (Director and above) responsible for first line compliance functions in merchandising and stores.
- Directs responses to regulatory inspections and other enforcement activities.
- Develops team members to ensure subject matter expertise is shared among the team.
- Represents Target Compliance with external groups, including government agencies (Federal, State, Local), trade associations (RILA), and other third party operations (WERCs)
- Owns the budgeting process and managing an annual expense budget.
- BA/BS college degree
- Significant experience in establishing compliance programs
- Experience in translating laws, rules, and regulations to business teams
- Strong critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence others and build consensus
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, manage conflict and act with urgency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to drive results across many organizations
- Ability to develop team members
- Experience in retail or corporate environment working in matrixed operation
- Previous experience developing sustainable compliance programs