Associate Designer - Print / Surface
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop. A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you'll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you'll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction. As an Associate Designer - Print/Surface, you'll support Owned Brand Product Design and Development with direction from design leaders to achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. Manages workload and understands the product development process and key deadlines.
- Diligent approach to workload, maintaining good, timely communication with business partners, team members and CFTs
- Supports product, brand, trend and guest research
- Support team to create concepts, select color stories and develop fabrics, prints, trim and graphics.
- Support team in preparing specs from initial concept to technical design cards.
- Translate ideas quickly working in a clear and logical way using CAD/hand sketches for technical packs including measurements, fabric and trim details. Complete all technical sketches for domestic and overseas programs.
- Prepare professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, fabrication and garment samples.
- Communicate fit and construction details to Technical Design department.
- Support development and execution of trim, print, embellishment, hardware packages.
- Prepare development packages and participate in all communication and follow up related to each package in support of the team.
- Input and maintain accurate information in a system.
- Is a committed team player who can be counted on to do their part and be relied on to work cooperatively with others Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.About you:
- 4 year Design, Fine Art or similar degree.
- Minimum 0-4 years' experience.
- Computer design system skills including Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in CAD illustration or 2D/3D software.
- Trend/fashion awareness
- Demonstrated high taste level and creative ability.
- Understanding of textiles, garment construction/fit or raw materials & product production.
- Experience assimilating product feedback.
- Ability to research and apply market/trend information.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment.