Hunter Hamilton is partnering with a thriving organization on a direct hire, permanent Payroll Specialist position in Minnetonka, MN! As a Payroll Specialist you will be responsible for full cycle payroll on a bi-weekly and semi-monthly basis. Additional duties include:
- Maintenance of employee payroll records
- Validation and preparation of pay calculations including overtime payments, bonuses, etc.
- Responding to garnishments, lien, levies and income verification requests
- Overview of payroll taxes
- Audit of W2s, YTD earnings, payroll balance sheets and retirement plan contributions
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Preparation of reports for management
- Other position-related projects and duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Accounting or Business, CPP, FPC or CPS certification strongly preferred
- 4+ years of experience processing payroll in a fast paced environment
- Software proficiency including ADP WorkForce Now and Excel
- Working knowledge of payroll taxes
- Strong customer service skills