Due to growth and internal promotion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Manager!The Purchasing Manager is responsible for all company procurement activities including raw materials, equipment and supplies.The position directs, supervises and provides functional expertise to the purchasing team.In addition, the Purchasing Manager prepares department strategic plans and establishes policies, systems and procedures to effectively control the Company procurement activities.Additional responsibilities include:
- Research and evaluate vendors to determine best organizational fit.
- Assess current procurement practices and policies to determine if improvements or changes need to be made to maximize effectiveness of the entire organization.
- Gather and analyze data with understanding of Six Sigma methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and 5-7 years of experience in a Purchasing function with supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- APICS certification is a plus
- Strong negotiation, decision making, and organizational skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy in dealing with vendors as well as internal customers
- High proficiency of Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Advanced experience with ERP applications
- Working knowledge of Purchasing related duties and responsibilities including expertise in contract management.
We offer a competitive wage based on experience and performance as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
Priority consideration will be given to applicants who apply by January 24th; however, we will accept applications until the position is filled. Please apply online at www.gfscareers.us
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
Recognized worldwide, Global Finishing Solutions (GFS) is the leading manufacturer of paint booths and finishing systems for a wide variety of industries — including automotive collision repair, aviation, industrial manufacturing, marine, military and defense, rail and transit, trucking and wood finishing. Our strength is in custom building finishing equipment to meet the unique needs of each customer. From sales and engineering to marketing and manufacturing, this variety of work makes our jobs exciting.
We believe that every employee ‘makes their mark’ on a company. A rapidly growing business, we are continuously seeking candidates to fill both new and vacation positions in. Join us and see how you can make your mark.