Assembles fabricated parts at floor stations. Tests and calibrates parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product specifications. Uses hand tools and power tools to assemble units according to product specifications. Identifies units that fail tests or tolerance levels and repairs as necessary. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. May require 0-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Assemble mechanical and electrical devices including but not limited to printers, printheads and subassemblies.
- Read and interpret process documentation, drawings, prints, diagrams, and/or schematics.
- Pull parts from inventory to assemble device.
- Complete paperwork such as work orders, forms and checklists associated with assembly of device.
- Basic testing, troubleshooting and inspection of assembled products for defects.
- Document and update assembly processes as necessary.
- Add assembled parts back into inventory
- Package assembled parts for shipment.
- Look up drawings to aid in assembly.
- Enter data to create labels and maintain production records.
- Use the business software system to perform routine transactions such as: receive and allocate jobs, kit and complete work orders, check stock levels and BOM contents, etc.
Engineering Department Interface:
- Maintain communication with engineers on issues regarding current systems.
- Maintain inventory accuracy. Participate in cycle counting program. Notify Supervisor of count discrepancies and shortages.
- Train other co-workers as needed.
- Work Safely. Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1-5 years previous experience.
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings.
- Excellent hand to eye coordination.
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tool usage.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently following general procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax, computer, etc.
- Use of skills requiring motor coordination with finger dexterity (e.g. keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) during most of a normal workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds.
WE HELP COMPANIES DELIVER PRODUCTS TO THE WORLD
Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey and AFM, Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. This position is located in Brooklyn Park, MN just off Boone and 694.
Engage Technologies Corp. offers a competitive compensation pkg., including medical and dental benefits and company matched 401(k) plus profit sharing.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Assembler I
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly