Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Assists the Optometrist with tasks associated in the examination, gathering medical information, assists patients with selecting eyewear, and provides contact lens training. Also provide some administrative support as needed.
- Assists the Optometrist in the examination and evaluation of new patients by performing preliminary examination procedures frequently using various instruments to gather information, gathering health history information, and other relevant medical information.
- Assists patients in the selection of eyeglass frames and lens treatments as well provide instruction on the use and proper care of eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Gather and maintain confidential patient information to ensure accurate records for medical reasons and billing purposes.
- Respond to all patient calls and requests, and under the direction of the Optometrist also may respond to requests from other health care providers.
- Monitors medical supplies and equipment to ensure adequate supplies are on hand and ordered as needed, and medical equipment is serviced or repaired as needed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of optical experience
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other business related software as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.