Clinic Nurse RN - FT
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Provides primary nursing services for patients; including SMSC Community members and their families, SMSC employees and their families, and Native Americans living in Scott County, in a clinic setting. Also provide health and wellness education for individual patients and groups as requested.
- Provides primary nursing services in a clinic setting for SMSC Community members, employees, and dependents.
- Works closely with the multi-disciplinary team to include Medical Doctors, Chiropractors, Physician's Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and other health care professionals.
- May provide initial assessment and medical treatment for SMSC employees who are injured at work and secure a urine specimen for drug and alcohol testing.
- Administer health screenings for employees as part of a health risk assessment to include biometric testing, health questionnaire, and recommendations to reduce or eliminate health risks.
- Give immunizations to patients to include but not limited to influenza and hepatitis vaccines.
- Document patient information gathered during the assessment, biometric testing, observation, care provided, patient progress, and any relevant medical information for each patient within the confidential patient record.
- Provides health education opportunities for staff on various health-related topics as requested.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
- Successful completion of an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse by and in good standing with the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other health care or business related software as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record.