Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $13.00 / hr
Plants, cultivates, and harvests field crops. Assist with honey collection and maple syrup operations. Works with volunteers and youth.
- Performs one or more of the following duties:
- Assist in planting and cultivating edible fruits and vegetables for a farm to market operation including greenhouse work, installation of a fruit orchard and working in a high tunnel.
- Assist in farm operations by: hand cultivation of produce, operating tractors, implements, and other machinery; harvesting and storing vegetables in preparation for delivery to market; packing and delivering produce orders.
- Assist to collect and process maple sap for the production of maple syrup. Bottle maple syrup. Deliver maple syrup to vendors at the direction of supervisory staff.
- Manage honeybee colonies for the production of honey. Harvest and bottle honey. Deliver honey to vendors at the direction of supervisory staff.
- Assist in farm-related record keeping and documentation.
- Assist with volunteers and youth groups.
This is a seasonal position. Must be able to work from April 2018 to the end of the growing season which is November 2018.
One position will be caring for our chickens. We have an egg share for our TSA members as well as sell our eggs at local Farmer's Market.
- One year crop production experience, to include organic farming experience.
- Ability to operate farm machinery.
- Valid driver's license required with a good driving record.
- On feet or standing 90% of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Outside work 90% of time. As related to climate conditions. May work in excessive heat in the summer in a non-climate controlled environment.