Product Assembler I
Assembles machines, equipment, and their subassemblies according to customer’s needs, following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications. Plans assembly procedures, following specifications and using knowledge gained by experience. Use of hand files or portable grinders, to clean parts or to produce close fit between parts. Drills, taps or reams holes, using portable drill. Aligns components, and bolts or screws using hand tools or portable powered tools. Installs moving parts, for example shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test free movement. May also align and mesh gears and belts for free flowing systems. May also test or assist in testing operation of completed product. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Assemble machines including sealers, tunnels and subassemblies for machines.
- Read and interpret process documentation, drawings, prints, diagrams, and/or schematics.
- Pull parts from inventory to assemble machine.
- Complete paperwork such as work orders, forms and checklists associated with assembly of device.
- Basic testing, troubleshooting and inspection of assembled products for defects.
- Document and update assembly processes as necessary
Engineering Department Interface:
- Maintain communication with engineers on issues regarding current systems.
- Maintain inventory accuracy. Participate in cycle counting program. Notify Supervisor of count discrepancies and shortages.
- Train other co-workers as needed.
- Work Safely. Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1-5 years’ experience.
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings.
- Excellent hand to eye coordination.
- Basic knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently following general instructions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax, computer, etc.
- Use of skills requiring motor condition with finger dexterity (e.g. keyboarding, machine operation, small part assembly, etc.) during most of normal workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 40 pounds.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
Located in Brooklyn Park, Mn, Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey, AFM, and Cogent Technologies. Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. American Film & Machinery is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables. Cogent Technologies manufactures infrared drying systems used to dry ink in the industrial and graphics industries.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Engage Technologies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Apply for Product Assembler I
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly