Posted Date 1 week ago(1/9/2018 1:50 PM)
Number of Openings 3
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 800001, 800064, 2018-3284
Minneapolis & St. Paul
Department/Unit Dining Services - Auxiliary Services
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
Special Instructions Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.
Are you interested in leaving the late nights and hectic scheduling of the restaurant industry and finding better work-life balance? The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for one of three open Cook positions within the Department of Dining Services that will provide work-life balance as well as a number of other unique benefit opportunities.
About the Job:
- Short-order, open line cook, interacting with customers to make made-to-order menu items.
- Back-of-house cooking, performing high-volume batch cooking and catering production.
- Assist with general food preparation tasks, such as gathering food items, reading recipes and preparing food for service.
- These positions are full-time, year round, and benefits eligible.
The University of St. Thomas Dining Services is a self-operated service that provides meals for approximately 12,000 students, faculty, and staff, as well as community members, daycare service, and visitors daily. The mission of Dining Services is to provide excellent dining experiences, enriching and nourishing the University of St. Thomas community.
This position works a flexible schedule that may include nights and weekends as business levels dictate. This position is designated as Emergency Essential. Emergency Essential employees are expected to remain at work if campus closes during their regular work schedule or to report to work if the campus closing announcement is made before their regular work schedule begins.
- Enjoy working with people
- Dependable team player
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Great at multitasking
- High school education or the equivalent
- Two to three years of experience in large-scale institutional food preparation and volume cooking
- ServSafe certification (or willingness to obtain certification)
Why you want to work with us:
- The University of St. Thomas provides medical, dental, and vision benefits, flexible spending accounts, and generous employer contributed retirement plans.
- The University provides 100% paid tuition benefits to its employees, spouses, and dependents.
- In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous paid time off programs.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than "Jobs at St. Thomas", the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Special Instructions to Candidates
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.