Branch Intern Sales - Northeast Region
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
JOB SUMMARY Border States Electric Internship program aims to provide our interns with challenging, real-world projects specific to their career path. The Branch Intern – Sales will have a solid understanding of the department they are in as well as the overall business. The Intern will see value in their actions in accordance to the company mission, culture, service philosophy and meeting the goals and objectives set forth by the Board, Senior Leadership Team and Executive Council.
- Works within your department on day to day projects; which include but are not limited to activities related to process improvement, project management, data support, reporting, documentation, and other assigned responsibilities.
- Collaborates with various departments throughout the company and region, including warehouse, quotations, branch operations, purchasing, inventory, and finance.
- Builds relationships through meetings, events and one-on-ones with key leadership and employees.
- Shadows Customer Service Representatives and Branch Operations to gain insight into all aspects of the branch.
- Rides along with Account Managers to customer meetings and gains direct interaction with customers.
- Prepares a project segment which develops a target account list and or the development of a marketing potential or strategy.
- Prepares a sales presentation to deliver at the end of the internship to sales managers and regional leaders.
- Learns selling skills, processes, and instrument use techniques by coaching/mentoring support from Sales Managers, Account Managers, and Branch Managers.
- Shadows and assists Delivery Drivers with the delivery of products to and from accounts, and interacts directly with customers on the job sites.
- Assists warehouse operations in receiving, shipping, stock put-away, and other operational activities.
- Work on professional development through trainings, group projects and community involvement.
- Assists Sales and Branch Operations teams with special projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or other designate
- Currently pursuing a BS/BA Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Psychology or Marketing/Sales
- Students must have completed their Sophomore year, have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be eligible to work in the United States
- Strong knowledge of business office procedures, office equipment operation, data entry/keyboarding skills and communication systems would be helpful
- Prefer strong knowledge of PC for Windows and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint)
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 20 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers’ needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you’re responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?